Answered

alarm not going on

• 22 November 2023
  • 15 replies

Hi, the last few days the alarm on my Sonos have not played. Not even the chime. I can’t see any reason why, and I’ve even tried to set a new one that also doesn’t work. Diagnostic number 713679030. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 December 2023, 11:11

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Juliewf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please unplug the Amp from power for a time, then plug back in. Once the light has stopped flashing white, open the Sonos app and set an alarm for in a couple of minute’s time.

If that alarm does not work, please erase all alarms, then create one again for in a couple of minutes time. If that doesn’t help either, please let me know. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Hi, 

I have the same issue. Alarm has been working flawlessly for years and the past few weeks I’ve been getting the Chime alarm more and more often. But a week ago it completely stopped working. I have been unplugging the unit, removed all alarms and created them again. The it started working, once, and then it stopped working again. Diagnostics: 244278716

The alarm is set on a Play 1. 

Hi @Juliewf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please unplug the Amp from power for a time, then plug back in. Once the light has stopped flashing white, open the Sonos app and set an alarm for in a couple of minute’s time.

If that alarm does not work, please erase all alarms, then create one again for in a couple of minutes time. If that doesn’t help either, please let me know. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, this fix worked for me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Juliewf

Glad to hear it! Thanks for reporting back.

Hi @danlah 

We are now investigating this issue.

@Corry P any updates? Now all my alarms have stopped working. Doesn’t matter which speaker I set the alarm to. No music, no chime, no nothing. I do get a push notification on the phone that the alarm has gone off. 

I am having the same problem. The alarm has been working faultlessly for years but just in the past few weeks it has not worked at all. I have tried unplugging the amplifiers and switching them back on, deleting the alarm on the app etc. I have even tried deleting the app and re downloading it. The alarm may work once then fails the next time. I am relying on my old alarm clock now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @danlah 

Regrettably, I have no further information to share at this point - only that we are investigating.

I have the same problem with a One SL

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Juliewf et al

We now consider this issue to be resolved. Please ensure that you have the latest Sonos firmware (Settings » System » System Updates » Check for Updates - if an install is needed, it’s best to repeat this step to ensure the app gets updated too), and erase any and all existing alarms before creating new ones, and the new ones should work. I recommend testing before relying on one, just in case.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P - I have the latest firmware updates and continue to get intermittent success using the alarm to play Apple Music. It defaults to the chime. Pretty embarrassing as I have it set up to play Christmas music outside of my home, but instead I come home hours later and a chime is playing from my home. 

Seems like you may have another issue, one that Sonos hasn’t resolved, if it isn’t a local network issue. You may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Badge

Hi @Juliewf et al

We now consider this issue to be resolved. Please ensure that you have the latest Sonos firmware (Settings » System » System Updates » Check for Updates - if an install is needed, it’s best to repeat this step to ensure the app gets updated too), and erase any and all existing alarms before creating new ones, and the new ones should work. I recommend testing before relying on one, just in case.

I hope this helps.

It’s happening to me now on the latest software update. Deleted all alarms and new ones don’t work either. Second time in the last two years. If the bug is going to be a regular feature can we at least not have to delete all the alarms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @paulwhkh 

I’m sorry to hear that the issue has come back - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, or at least so we can verify in order to instigate a new investigation.

If you hear chimes instead of a music source, the issue is different, and is simply a case of the speaker being unable to reach the server at that exact moment, though I still recommend that you call in to see why.

I hope this helps.

I seem to have a similar issue - I was using the old AMP, switched off over night but the Play 1 alarm still played BBC Sounds selected station as an alarm in the morning - everything was great.  I upgraded to the new amp (not an upgrade but a start again, needing to reinitialise all connected devices) and now I can only get chimes in the morning and no radio as the alarm.  How can I get back to the alarm working without the AMP on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Trevor_L 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had since upgrading - certainly not what we’d expect for you!

I recommend that you too get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - what the device says about what happened will be key.

I hope this helps.