Answered

Adding a Roam to an older system

• 4 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a PLAYBAR, SUB, and a pair of PLAY 3s.   I am unable to select those speakers from my phone, if I want to stream a podcast, for example (they work just fine otherwise).   I was told by SONOS that it is because they are older, and do not have Bluetooth, but if I ADDED a simple SONOS Bluetooth speaker to the system, that I at that point would be able to select the entire system to play, from a phone source like a Podcast.

Does that seem correct, and would a ROAM speaker qualify for that?  It is Bluetooth capable.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 November 2023, 23:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes.  All current Bluetooth capable Sonos (Roam, Move 2, Era 100/300) allow you to group any other Sonos rooms to play the Bluetooth source to the grouped rooms.

Even if the other speakers are older and non Bluetooth?   Just confirming before I go out an buy a speaker I really don’t need to cover the areas I have.

Yes, as long as all speakers are running S2, you’ll be able to group the Roam with any Sonos device. 

Edited to add, all your speakers are S2 capable. I ran a similar setup after the S1 /S2 split, using S2 with no issues. 

Thank you both very much for your replies, greatly appreciated!