Answered

2nd hand Beam Gen2 can not get registered

Badge

Hey fellow Sonos fans!

Got myself a 2nd gen Beam from someone on the web, was factory reset, connected it when home and started the process to add to my home system and it goes as far as adding it to a room but saying that it can't be used until it gets registered - which it continuously fails to do.

Tried wifi, ethernet, no difference - actually no, there is a difference, when trying with ethernet, the chime with pin is not audible; when trying on wifi, it is but doesn't work. go figure - any help is appreciated as I'd hate to learn i got an expensive paper weight :(

if this helps:

Sonos OS: S2

Version: 16.1.1 (build 78152020)

Hardware Version: 1.35.1.6-2.1

Series ID: A200

Best,

icon

Best answer by Guju 10 May 2024, 20:35

View original

9 replies

I’m dealing with exact same issue from a certified refurbished model. I bought another one new and did not run into any of these issues. Perhaps it has to do with the recently updated app? 

im totally stuck at the moment and seeing this “beam not registered”

And this was fun - i tried calling support and was quoted a 110 minute wait time. 

I just purchased sub and amp. Having the same issuing registering on my existing system with several other devices working. 

It’s the app. Tried on the updated app and didn’t work. Tried on my other phone with the non updated version and registered no problem at all

Badge

well it's a shame all of my devices updated automatically ...

Badge

It’s the app. Tried on the updated app and didn’t work. Tried on my other phone with the non updated version and registered no problem at all

I confirm, using an older app version fixed the problem. The app complained about being outdated but eventually by clicking erratically through options, the register product option became ungreyed out and worked within seconds.

I don’t have an older app version. I have the same problem, can you download an older app version?

Just got myself a new Beam gen 2 today and just now I finally got it to register. 

Tried everything and this how it worked for me. Hopefully this works for others.

Inside the app under your account go to App Preferences, scroll down to reset app once you do that it’s going to show the login screen. Once you sign in again it will show join existing group and when in my beam was registered. 

It’s the app, but there’s a workaround that worked for me…

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/found%2Da%2Dworkaround%2Dfor%2Dthe%2Dproblem%2Dcaused%2Dby%2Dnew%2Dsonos%2Dcontroller%2Dapp%2Dwhen%2Dadding%2Da%2Dnew%2Dspeaker%2D6892626