Answered

Windows 11 connect to Sonos IP

• 17 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos 1 that is on my network with an IP. Additionally, I’m able to ping the Sonos device using the command prompt.

However, the only way I can connect to this speaker to play sound is via Bluetooth from my Windows PC. How can I use my network connection to the device to play sound? Basically use it as a network-controlled speaker.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 November 2022, 19:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sonos One ( or PLAy:1, there is no Sonos 1] has no Bluetooth receiver for music, only a BLE receiver for setup, so I’m confused as to how you’re sending it any signal via Bluetooth. 

If your intent is to use Sonos as a PC speaker, you may want to read this thread:

Sorry, it is a Sonos One, but I’m playing to it through Wifi on my iPhone.

I would like to play to it through my Windows PC through the network as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There's a Sonos controller for Windows, if that is what you are looking for…..

The Sonos remote is merely a “window”, for all practical purposes, to the application that runs on the speakers. So the controller on Windows should show the same thing as the one on your iPhone. 

The only caveat is that Sonos has both stopped further development on the desktop controllers, and stripped some functionality (mostly setup functions) from them. Sonos is still doing releases of the desktop software for bug fixes, though. 

You can find the Sonos software here, at least for the US. You’ve not made an indication on your account of where you are logging in from, so your region may be different, but the site is easily Googled.