Skip to main content
My home is frequently used as the home to have parties, mainly because everyone says they love my sound system, which consists of several Sonos connects, early Zone players and many Play ones and some play 5's. I would love to not always be relied upon to host parties, and was wondering if my play ones and play 5's could be brought to other people's homes? How difficult would that be to do something like that? Along that line, has there been any thoughts to allowing the sonos speakers to work in the car, using my iPhone's personal hotspot?
If you take your Play 1s and Play 5s and connect to your friend's router with a cable that should work perfectly well - Make sure that your system is up to date when you remove it from your house.

As for using your iPhone's hotspot for Sonos - yes that can work but you can't use THAT iPhone to control Sonos as well (so use another phone)that also is connected to the hotspot. Obviously this is done as long as you can get power to the speakers they could be anywhere.
Thanks so much.
The other option would be for your friend to use the same ssid and wireless password as you do on their router. In that case your speakers should just work wirelessly as they normally do when simply plugged into power anywhere around your friends house. Or you could even just have a spare wireless router you loaned out with the speakers and that would be the only thing that would need to be hardwired at your friends house
I wonder if you could connect that spare router to the cell hotspot?