Answered

Using a bluetooth Sonos speaker as input for existing non-bluetooth Sonos system

• 6 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently moved to an area where my internet service is fast, but with a spotty connection due to the way the infrastructure was built and the environmental factors in my area.  None of my existing Sonos speakers are bluetooth enabled so when the internet goes down, so does my Sonos system because it can’t connect to my streaming services and I don’t have a way to manually connect a phone or other audio storage device.  I have 6 play One’s and 2 sound bars, none of which have an input jack.  If I purchase one of the new bluetooth enabled Sonos speakers will I be able to use that as the input to continue using my entire existing Sonos system?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 January 2021, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, unfortunately not. When the Sonos Move is in Bluetooth mode, it is a standalone speaker, and does not connect with other Sonos speakers.