Skip to main content

Hello - 

I’ve got Sonos gear set up in two houses. How would the Roam handle that? Can I seamlessly connect the Roam to my Sonos networks in both houses as I travel between them?

Thanks

I think it depends on how you’ve setup your two homes.  As I understand it, for each Sonos account, you can setup multiple household IDs.  (That would enable you to have two separate systems under the same account, possibly even in the same physical location)  If both your homes are under the same household ID, then yes, the Roam should be able to travel between the two homes seamlessly.

If you are using two different accounts, two different household IDs, or one house is on S1 while the other is S2 (two different household IDs)….then no.

Typically, you can have the same household IDs in to different locations if you esentially ‘seed’ the 2nd home with a Sonos speaker from the first home.  In other if you setup sonos speakers in one home, then took one of speakers from that home to the second home...and added more speakers to that system.  If you just created a new system at the second home, it won’t be the same HH ID, as I understand it.

If you get a Roam, set it up and your first home, then take it to the 2nd home, it will even join the system at the second home or the Sonos app will tell you that you have two systems.  

I am not 100% sure on this, so if others could chime in, that would be helpful.

@melvimbe - you’ve got it right. In order for there to be a seamless transition for each residence the household ID would need to be the same for both systems, as well as teaching the Roam both sets of WiFi credentials. Not saying it’s impossible, just a bit tricky to set up that way.

@melvimbe - you’ve got it right.

Yea me!