Skip to main content
When will Sonos and Spotify work together to remedy this issue? Am able to play any other service fine without interruption. Only Spotify gives, "cannot play track..."
Hello there, dwalshpilgrim. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Does this happen with other players on only on the Connect:Amp? Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end? Thanks!
Hi Keith. No other players, just Spotify. Does not happen all the time but fairly regularly. As you requested "Your confirmation number is: 1817686894"
Understood. If the problem is intermittent, it is likely a problem with connectivity. Taking a closer look at the diagnostic report, it seems that your Connect:Amps are connecting wirelessly to an AirPort extender. Is it possible to plug one of these Connect:amps into the main Apple router using an Ethernet cable?
Unfortunately, I cannot connect via ethernet given my physical constraints. The amps are within five feet of the router. Is there anything else I can do? Why would this only happen on Spotify, I wonder?
Unfortunately, I cannot connect via ethernet given my physical constraints. The amps are within five feet of the router. Is there anything else I can do? Why would this only happen on Spotify, I wonder?What other sources do you play besides Spotify, that are apparently OK? As an experiment, I think it would be worth following Keith's suggestion, purely as a diagnostic investigation, not a permanent solution. The wired C:A could be detached from its speakers for the test - in effect we would just be using it as a Boost device, to get the system using SonosNet rather than your extender.

In the Sonos app, go into Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup and reset (i.e. delete) your wifi credentials.

Then power cycle the other C:As.

I know that is a bit of hassle, and you'll have to reverse that after the experiment, but I think it is worth a try.
Hi John,

Thanks for the guidance and I will give it a shot. I use Amazon Prime, Pandora and SiriusXM without this issue so not sure why Spotify encounters this issue.

Dave
Hi John,

Thanks for the guidance and I will give it a shot. I use Amazon Prime, Pandora and SiriusXM without this issue so not sure why Spotify encounters this issue.

Dave
No that is a mystery and I cannot say I am confident my suggestion will help. Other things you might try are rebooting your router.(in case of DNS issues with Spotify but symptoms don't really fit) and removing the Spotify service from Sonos and re-adding.

I would be interested to hear how it goes.
Another idea which also could be way off base: I suspect that there are some songs that Spotify doesn’t allow to all devices because of licensing restrictions, and it would stand to reason that a device with line outs instead of connecting directly to a speaker would be restricted systems. Is it possible that this is a reason?

OP: is it the same songs all the time? Can you try these songs and they work later? It’s a theory only, and while the current Connect Amp doesn’t have line outs, the old ZP100 (the original amplifier based player) does, and possibly the Spotify algorithm treats them the same.

Just a theory.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have tried the lot and still losing connection to Spotify. Seems to me that this has to be a Spotify/Sonos issue.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have tried the lot and still losing connection to Spotify. Seems to me that this has to be a Spotify/Sonos issue.It does seem that way, although if there were a widespread generic issue there would be thousands of posts about it.....Have you tried removing your Spotify account from Sonos and then re-adding it? I can't really justify why that might help but I have known it to do so. That apart I can only suggest submitting another diagnostic immediately after a problem occurs and posting the number back here, or call Sonos Support so the can take an in-depth look at the problem.
Hi John, thanks. Yes, I did remove and re-add and to no avail, unfortunately.
The fact that it is just Spotify is really baffling. It is probably some weird combination of Spotify, Sonos and other factors. I recall a case where the TuneIn servers picked up by a particular ISP meant anyone with that ISP had breakups on BBC radio stations. No other stations. And everybody with every other ISP had no issues at all.

Not an easy one to troubleshoot that.

Have you tried Spotify through Sonos app and through Spotify Connect? What about Spotify on your phone through a line-in?
At this point, it might be best to give our support technicians a call to get a closer look at this. Thanks for all the effort and patience, dwalshpilgrim.
Thanks, Keith. Have tried a half of a dozen times to call support... one hour wait times. Yikes! Will continue to try.
This is crazy! I have found many other users with the same issue and this has been ongoing for a long time. Someone has to get this right.