Skip to main content

I have an issue where some of my speakers appear to have lost their trueplay settings and I have to retune to get this to work, which is a real pain. 

Speakers aren’t being moved or reset etc - does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening?

thanks

I don’t recall that it has ever come up before as an issue.

Essentially, the TruePlay ‘settings’ are stored in a ‘room’ on the memory in the speaker. The only situations I’m aware of that can cause that memory to be wiped is either the speaker is ‘moved’ from one Sonos room to another (not just grouping) and a factory reset of the speaker. 

Physical unplugging and moving of a speaker should have no significant impact, except when that speaker is left unplugged and no longer part of the TruePlayed ‘room’, in which case the system would see a change in the ‘room’ and remove the TruePlay setting that may have previously occurred. 

If your system isn’t impacted by any of these scenarios, you should probably submit a system diagnostic , if you can within 10 minutes of experiencing this  loss of TruePlay in a room in which it previously had been set up, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I have an issue where some of my speakers appear to have lost their trueplay settings

How do you know this? 

I just tried tuning again (a pair of Fives) and it doesn’t register at all, no error message just doesn’t indicate that Trueplay is toggled “on” after tuning. 

Here’s the diagnostic can someone from Sonos please comment and help me get this fixed: 

Thanks, 

Chris 

I would perhaps ‘unpair’ the Fives, power them both off for a minute or so, bring them back online and stereo pair them again …and then try TruePlay tuning them and see if that resolves the issue.

I would perhaps ‘unpair’ the Fives, power them both off for a minute or so, bring them back online and stereo pair them again …and then try TruePlay tuning them and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks I’ll try this! 

Hi @chrisOV 

Thanks for your post!

According to the diagnostic, TruePlay tuning has been performed in the Kitchen, but has been disabled in the app.

I recommend a reboot of the device running the app. Afterwards, check the toggle switch for TruePlay in that room and activate it if off, rather than doing the tuning again.

I hope this helps.

FWIW, this has happened to me, with a stereo pair of Play:1s + Sub running S2. TruePlay profile inexplicably lost completely, after a system update IIRC.

Interesting - how did you resolve it? The Trueplay was lost after an update on several of my speakers but the Fives pair are the only ones I can’t get it back on. 

Hi @chrisOV 

Thanks for your post!

According to the diagnostic, TruePlay tuning has been performed in the Kitchen, but has been disabled in the app.

I recommend a reboot of the device running the app. Afterwards, check the toggle switch for TruePlay in that room and activate it if off, rather than doing the tuning again.

I hope this helps.

Hi there - this didn’t work. I’ll try rebooting and unpairing the Fives later and will report back. 

Interesting - how did you resolve it? The Trueplay was lost after an update on several of my speakers but the Fives pair are the only ones I can’t get it back on. 

Rather lazily, I haven’t tried yet. I’m assuming I’ll just have to re-run the tuning process, but perhaps I’m mistaken.