Skip to main content
We originally purchased two Sonos1 units for our house. We also purchased the Sonos Boost. They worked great. Then we added two more as fill all around the house. Everything was fine until about 2 months ago and I noticed that they were not playing a whole song every once in a while. We just purchased two more, so now we have 6 total, and the problem is still the same. Sometimes it skips very frequently. We have taken them all off line and readded them as individual names and units. We checked Wifi and everything is in order. What could be the problem. Oh. And we are running these off of our iPhoneX. If that would make a difference. This is really getting Annoying as we have spent well over $1000 for these units and now Im not happy with these at all.
We originally purchased two Sonos1 units for our house. We also purchased the Sonos Boost. They worked great. Then we added two more as fill all around the house. Everything was fine until about 2 months ago and I noticed that they were not playing a whole song every once in a while. We just purchased two more, so now we have 6 total, and the problem is still the same. Sometimes it skips very frequently. We have taken them all off line and readded them as individual names and units. We checked Wifi and everything is in order. What could be the problem. Oh. And we are running these off of our iPhoneX. If that would make a difference. This is really getting Annoying as we have spent well over $1000 for these units and now Im not happy with these at all.

Hi Strbux,

Welcome to the community. Most of the time audio interruptions like you've described are caused by wireless interference or network congestion of some sort. Please submit a diagnostic report after you hear the songs cut off. Then, reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
Thank you for your help! I tried to play music tonight and didn't make it more than 3 songs before it skipped. Here is the diagnostic number 1917287358. We have less network congestion than we've ever had, our household is down by 2 people so that doesn't make a lot of sense. When they were here with the additional TV's, computers and phones using the network, we never had issues. Hopefully you can help us with this! Thank you!
Thank you for your help! I tried to play music tonight and didn't make it more than 3 songs before it skipped. Here is the diagnostic number 1917287358. We have less network congestion than we've ever had, our household is down by 2 people so that doesn't make a lot of sense. When they were here with the additional TV's, computers and phones using the network, we never had issues. Hopefully you can help us with this! Thank you!

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that your BOOST has a few wireless communication errors with your Living Room unit in particular. Are there any electronics near your Living Room unit which could be causing wireless interference? How close is your BOOST to your router? It is generally a good idea to keep a couple of feet between the two.
The boost is about two feet away, I'll see if I can move it a bit further. There is nothing new in the Living Room but I'll try moving that unit as well and see what happens. I'll let you know if I experience the skipping after I make those changes. Thank you for your help!
We unplugged the Living Room speaker, moved the Boost and the Router further apart and we are still having issues. Here it the laster diagnostic number: 1298611783. Please HELP!!! Thank you!
We unplugged the Living Room speaker, moved the Boost and the Router further apart and we are still having issues. Here it the laster diagnostic number: 1298611783. Please HELP!!! Thank you!

The wireless looks good on your system. If you're playing from your iOS device's storage, you may be running into an issue we're investigating where the songs cut out when the iOS devices goes to sleep or auto locks. Try disabling the auto lock feature in the iOS device's settings menu under Display & Brightness. It may also help to disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos device in your home. Let me know if this helps or not.
I'll try your suggestions. I think you are on to something with the going to sleep thing. I've also noticed if I receive an email, text message or any other notification, it seems to skip as well.
Hi Strbux,

We released version 9.1 today which should help with the iOS streaming issue. Test things out after the update and see if it helps. You can read more about it here.
This is a Sonos update problem. I updated 4 days ago and songs cutoff before the end when I play anything “on my phone”. It never happened before this last update. It’s happening to many users and Sonos is stalling with a fix. If anyone has a successful fix in past month please advise, doesn’t seem anyone is having success.