Skip to main content

I’m trying to connect my new Roam to an existing system, using the Sonos app on my phone.

The app is able to identify the product, which has a green blinking light.

I’ve had several different outcomes, but never a connection.

“Your mobile device is unable to set up your product. Use a different mobile device and try again.”

→  I’ve used three different devices (2 iphones, 1 Android) no result.

“Your mobile device couldn’t connect to your Sonos Roam. Move your mobile device closer and make sure the Sonos Roam is powered on.”​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

→ No result.

On one occasion the app offered an alternative method connecting over a ‘temporary network’ with the Roam making a sound which the phone was able to pick up. This seemed promising for a while, but ultimately failed.

Yes, it’s fully powered.

Wireless is from a 5Ghz fibre, always pretty good, and never had problems with my exisitng system of two Sonos 1s.

My Sonos 2 app is up to date on all devices.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Try rebooting the Roam by following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Then move closer to your router and try the setup process again.

Thanks @GuitarSuperstar 

Have tried that, but no luck. And sat in the cupboard next to the router 😆

I’m getting the impression from reviews outside of the Sonos forum that the product is a dud - too many are faulty.

I was hoping to take it away on holiday next week, but if I can’t set it up on Sonos, even the Bluetooth won’t work.

I’ll wait a couple of weeks for replies, then return it. It’s a shame, as I have a Sonos system, but will look elsewhere. 

Jim

Strange. I have a Roam and had no issues with the setup process.

One more thing to try is charging the Roam for about 15 minutes. Then reboot your router and try the setup process again.

If this doesn’t work, I would contact Sonos Support:
https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US

No luck again, will try support.

Cheers