Skip to main content

If i tourn off the microphone and Put the volumen at 50% , I can reach 10 hours of battery life.

My question 
because this happens, maybe there is some excessive use of processing that drains the battery when the microphones are turned on.  or is trueplay the cause or some bug in the software?

n the manual it does not say anything about the energy consumption if I put a voice assistant or if I use trueplay.  they only say that it lasts 10 hours with the volume at 50%

Another thing, if it were that trueplay spends so much energy, they should put the option to do it once when the user decides it and not that it is on constantly.  nobody is going to be moving a horn so many places.  The battery usage of these active functions may not be correctly calculated.

*my advice to sonos roam users, turn off the mic if you want longer battery life.*

The new Sonos Roam SL confirms my theory.  The same speaker with the same 17wh battery but without the microphone, equals longer battery life.

You haven’t mentioned anything regarding the possibility of a listening voice assistant like Alexa/Google - it’s obvious why these things would use slightly more battery with the mic enabled.

You haven’t mentioned anything regarding the possibility of a listening voice assistant like Alexa/Google - it’s obvious why these things would use slightly more battery with the mic enabled.

I commented, in the manual it does not say consumption with the voice assistant working or trueplay enable.