Skip to main content

I just purchased a Sonos Move and quite frankly I'm unimpressed. I noticed when the speaker is on wifi and I'm using the S2 App that when the volume slider is on minimum there isn't much sound and when the volume slider is on max the sound isn't as loud as I had expected. I read a review that said the speaker at max volume is 105 db. I don't ever see that being possible. I have only listened to music via Sirius XM and Amazon Music. Could it be that said content is so compressed that maybe Tidal HD would be more impressive? Please help me understand why I'm so disappointed in the Moves Sound. Thanks in advance for any help

What you’re describing is unusual, then again we don’t know what your definition of “loud”. It shouldn’t matter if it’s HD or not. I use a regular account on Deezer and the volume is plenty loud. I’ve never turned it up all the way.

Recordings from the 80’s that don’t have the nowadays popular “loudness war” type of compression are generally less loud and you need to turn it up more to compensate.

If you listen to any of the current pop artists, you should be able to get the Move to be very loud.

@Shimmer BFF Is the volume limit for your Move in the Sonos app set to OFF or 100%?

It's set at 100%. I'm  baffled! It just doesn't produce volumes even equivalent to the Ones

Have you tried resetting your Move?

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

Thanks, will try. What could be wrong and what would resetting fix or accomplish?

I noticed that you only mention the volume slider in your original post. Does anything change if you use the actual touch volume controls on the top of the Move?

Yes, the touch controls increase the volume but there doesn't seem to be much range between lowest volume and highest volume