Smaller Sub

• 4 January 2014
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Anyone else thinking up of a bunch of uses of a smaller, less-expensive Sub? Especially zones with in-ceiling speakers or a modest Playbar setup. Nothing drastically different on overall design, just smaller and costing $500...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

especially in a small room it's a great idea. the SUB they have now is expensive and overkill for a small bedroom or office. give us a mini.
@JorgeBalogh: @SonosSupport I have a suggestion! A smaller #SUB maybe called #SUB:1 for smaller rooms! Perfect to integrated with a pair of PLAY:1
Great idea, I have been holding off buying the sub to go with my Playbar and 2 Play:1, I would buy SUB:1 in a heart beat !
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Any chance you would consider producing a smaller version of the subwoofer?.
Userlevel 3
Badge
This has been going for a while but would like to add my support. Two play3's make a great sounding stereo pair. A Sub of a similar size would really enhance them. There are plenty of great sounding subs of this size on PC 2.1 systems so it must be possible in this package size.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I want to add my support. I can easily afford a Sub, but I would like a smaller one, there is no space for the big one. A SUB1 would be bought tomorrow.
I could not agree anymore the sub one is a phenomenal idea and I think almost every Sonos user would purchase it if they do not have the regular sub right now.
I have 2 big subs right now and would buy 2 small subs for the play 1's today if they were as good.
I also would like to have a smaller "Sub:1" for use with a Play:1 stereo pair.
Yes please! One that can also be used to pair with a Play:5! 🙂
A Play5 has decent bass on its own... doubt if you would get much more without going to a full size sub.
I have two Play:5's. I do want a mini-sub! 😉 and ofcourse it would add bass. I have a Minirig Sub (portable) and that works perfectly for portable use.
Userlevel 1
I'd add my vote for a Sub:1. I don't want to spend £599 on a sub just to improve the (noticeably lacking) bass response on my Playbar. The current Sub is overkill. I'd happily spend £300 on a sub half the size.
+1 For a smaller sub. The current sub is overkill when the setup is beam+2xone for surround sound. Something smaller, cheaper, less powerful and more easily placed would be ideal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And designed so kids and cats can't drop stuff inside!