Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a question not easy to explain but I will try : I bought a sound at Arc connected to the TV on ARC output, a subwoofer, two sl one. I coupled these four speakers in the application, they are installed in my living room. 
When I listen music the sound is playing on all speakers but when I watch a movie a tv, or when I watch tv the same sound is not playing on all speakers, the main sound is playing on the sound bar and the other sound (the background music) is playing on the two sl one.

i would like to ear the same the sound on all speakers all the time. Is it possible ? I checked the different options in the application without success

Best,

titep_50

If you’ve set them up as a Home Theatre system, only any “surround” effects will play from the rear speakers, and even then only if a 5.1 program is being broadcast. If it’s only a stereo or a 2.0 program, there is nothing to send to the effects channel, so nothing will play from the Ones. 

Whilst you could un-bond them from your Arc, set them up as a separate room, and then group them with the Arc, there will be a 70msec delay in the signal sent to the Ones, giving an echo effect. 

I don’t think there is another option than how you are configured. 

This assumes your sub and surrounds are properly bonded to your Arc.

When watching regular TV or playing a movie the surrounds will only play the surround track which is significantly lower than what your hear from the Arc.

When playing music you have the option to set the surrounds to full audio (which appears you have). In that manner the Arc and surrounds will play at the same level. After the music is finished the surrounds auto switch back to ambient (the lower surround mode).

Ok thanks for your answers, it’s the normal behaviour if I understand well

Ok thanks for your answers, it’s the normal behaviour if I understand well

Yes, it is normal. With 5.1 audio, you won’t always hear audio from the surround speakers especially during quiet scenes. The audio from the surrounds will usually be the musical score, action that is behind you, or ambient sounds.

If you are watching a stereo source, the Arc will perform an audio up-mix of the stereo signal to create a simulated surround sound. This means you’ll still hear most audio out of the Arc, but the surround speakers will play what is determined to be ambient audio.