Skip to main content
I have had a playbase for a year and used it in conjunction with two Play 3's and three Play 1's throughout the home, during the week the TV stopped working through it. The TV icon is no longer visible within the app.

Today I tried to add the playbase to my sonos again but there is no chime when pressing the join button as done in the original set up, I then searched My Sonos on the app and all speakers were present bar the playbase, when I went upstairs and disconnected the play 1 in bedroom and rechecked the app it was still present bar IP address.

I do find the fact that the playbase has no led light to indicate a power supply is present frustrating though the red led in the optical lead is on.
Get in touch with Sonos Support on Twitter or give them a call on Monday.

https://www.sonos.com/en-ie/contact/contact-options
Thank you for your reply, I now have a blinking orange light so at least I know its not a power supply issue.
Is the Playbase wired to the router? If not, hook it up and see if the Playbase reappears in the Controller. If it does, submit a diagnostic, write down the confirmation number shown in the end, and call on Sonos for assistance.
Thank you for your reply Smilja

When I wire the playbase to my router it appears, when I disconnect is disappears again. All other speakers are wireless and continue to work, playbase also works albeit intermittingly with the sounds dropping for 20 or 30 seconds at a time even though its not showing on my Sonos.

I moved onto a different wireless channel then reset my sonos controller to re- add all speakers , again no playbase unless I use cable.I submitted a diagnostic, My confirmation number is: 665223146.The help line is closed yet again 😠
The WiFi card may be defective. You can also call in Sonos customer care on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/sonossupport
Thank you again Smilja

That would make sense though as I just done a factory reset on the playbase and added it yet again as a new speaker via a wired connection.

Everything was perfect until I disconnected the leads then the sound starting dropping out and coming back on again with the speaker no longer showing in the app with the play ones and play threes.

I contacted support via twitter and the diagnostics pinpointed a problem with the playbase attempting to connect to my wi-fi . They have initiated a return process for an exchange to replace it.

A bit disappointed as I have had it less than a year but you cannot fault their speed in dealing with the problem.
Probably time to call in via phone and get a replacement in progress.
Then send an e-mail to Support containing:

- a brief description of the issue

- the confirmation number (665223146)

- the serial number of the Playbase (look it up here)

- Residential or Delivery address

- daytime phone number

Cheers,

Smilja

Edit: Apologies, Hamster67, I've overlooked your last reply.