Skip to main content
I can no longer connect to sonos at all, it is only 6months old, I recently changed wirelss connection, but I have tried endless and all suggested options, new accounts, connecting with a lead etc & rebooting etc. It doesn’t even show up on my phone (same phone as before). I am at a total loss..sonos app is pretty inaccessible if things are not connecting.
Mary72,

Place the Play-5 by your new router and cable the speaker to one of its ethernet ports. Make sure your controlling device (mobile), with the Sonos App on it, is running on your routers 2.4ghz main WiFi connection and that the mobile can access the internet over the WiFi rather than via its own 3G/4G data connection.

Now power on the speaker and wait a minute or two for it to settle and establish a connection to the router... you should see the LED light stop flashing and either go out completely or display a constant white light.

Now open your controller and the system should be working. However things don’t end there.

When the speaker and App are working go into the 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' section of the Sonos App and enter your routers WiFi credentials (SSID & Password) ... note these are case sensitive. Once you have done that you can unplug the speaker and return it to its original position to then connect over your routers WiFi.

Hope that helps resolve your problem.

Note: If your speaker does not show up in your Sonos App for any reason, then try switching it off again, rebooting your router and trying the ethernet cable in another port and switching it back on, then continue as explained above.

Note: if at anytime you have hard-reset your speaker in your previous attempts and your speaker LED light constantly flashes orange or green, then you will have to come back here and we can then try something else, but make a note of the LED lights that you are actually seeing on the speaker.