Play 3 power supply - the common fault

• 25 May 2021
  • 1 reply

After studying the various posts on here regarding the blown power supply problem with the Play 3 device, I am now at the point where I need some assistance with voltages.

I think I have the board operational again, but the voltages I am seeing on the capacitors on the low voltage (output) side don’t look right.

For someone who has one of these units and is technically competent, could you please measure what’s on the pins of the power supply board output connector (left to right with the board upright) and post here. This will assist me in getting the supply running correctly and determining what else is wrong with it.
In repairing it I had to Dremel away quite a bit of burned area and I may have removed a connection to the regulation side of the supply.

If I can get it working properly again then I may be able to assist others who have ended up with a dead power board.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am also looking for this !

My play 3 unit power supply is not working. There is rectified DC voltage available on primary side of transformer but no voltages on secondary side.

I guess the voltage are 5V (pin 7,8 red ) and 15V(pin 1,2 red) and GND pin(3,4,5,6) but not sure and looking for confirmation.