Skip to main content

I would like to use Move as one permanent speaker in other part of the house while not used outside, but I wonder if this will damage its  battery at some point. Some systems has a "smart" battery management capabilities that use Power straight when battery has reached 100%, is this also applicable to Move?

Thanks a lot,

Hi @jrey00, welcome to the community.

Leaving Move on the charging dock long-term will not reduce the battery's lifespan.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi @James L. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to ask this, but is this a formal reply from Sonos? Or this is based on your experience? Is not that I do not trust your feedback, just wanted to make sure I'm not damaging the Move's battery by using it as permanent plugged speaker in winter, ;-)

Thanks for your time

Hi @James L. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry to ask this, but is this a formal reply from Sonos? Or this is based on your experience? Is not that I do not trust your feedback, just wanted to make sure I'm not damaging the Move's battery by using it as permanent plugged speaker in winter, ;-)

Thanks for your time

It’s both :slight_smile:

My Move basically lives in its charger and I haven’t noticed any degradation in battery life when I use it elsewhere (and I’ve had my Move for well over a year).

That's great! Thanks for sharing your experience, you've made my date ;-)