Question

Does Sonos comes with a answer for the RAUMFELD STEREO L

• 18 December 2016
  • 5 replies

I like my sonos products, but sometimes when I go to a audio shop and lissen to speakers of manufactures like Dali ore Elac I hear that good floor standing speakers with good high mid and low units really sound great (and better than my play 5- old type) and sub of sonos). I saw an other company making great stuff and I see a speaker I miss in the sonos line....floor standing speakers. The Raumfeld stereo L is an example. Are there plans that there will be a Sonos 7 floor standing speaker in the future?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If you get a "Connect Amp" you can use almost any speakers you want and include them in your Sonos system. I think Sonos feels as long as this option is available there is no reason to make their own set of floor standing speakers. What about a pair of Martin Logan - Electro Motion ESL 8" Floor Speakers plus a Connect Amp to get a similar experience to the Raumfeld stereo L?

Note that Raumfeld speakers are proprietary to their own multi-room wireless system so you cannot use them with Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
That's exactly what I was thinking - floor standing, high quality, speakers are why the Connect and Connect:AMP exist. I can't wait for my new Billie Amp to arrive from Kickstarter - I already have the Usher V601 speakers and ZP80 to run with the amp. Should make my office sound system amazing once I'm in the new house.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heaven11audio/the-billie-amp-stereo-strikes-back
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
dunno how repost happened
To answer your questions: I like the way, I do not have to use speaker kabels across the room to a amplifier. Ok, the Sonos speakers must use 230 volt but in most living rooms there is a plug in every corner. Also I do not need space for extra amplifier. More benefits from an amplifier in the speaker, you can have a amplifier for every speaker: Bass, mid and treble. And you can adjust the speaker with trueplay to your living room. There are some very expensive amplifiers that do the same, like Lyngdorf.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
To answer your questions: I like the way, I do not have to use speaker kabels across the room to a amplifier. Ok, the Sonos speakers must use 230 volt but in most living rooms there is a plug in every corner. Also I do not need space for extra amplifier. More benefits from an amplifier in the speaker, you can have a amplifier for every speaker: Bass, mid and treble. And you can adjust the speaker with trueplay to your living room. There are some very expensive amplifiers that do the same, like Lyngdorf.

Well, that's understandable. However, you could just put the Connect:AMP wherever ever you want the speaker, or the closest ooutlet, in order to limit the amount of speaker wire. Just a suggestion, but everyone's application is different, and Spouse Acceptance Factor Quotient varies considerably.