Answered

Disable volume indicator sound Era 100

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to disable unwanted sound effects? The music getting louder or softer as I swipe my finger on the Era 100 is exactly the function I expect of a volume control, yet there’s a second artificial sound that not only inexplicably intrudes on the music experience but is redundant of what I can already hear. Please tell me there’s a way to make the beeps go away, they’re harshing my mellow, offending my fellow listeners, and I think make the system sound like a cheap toy. 🤞

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 2 October 2023, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @thegatorboy, welcome to Sonos Community!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. 

At this moment it is not possible to disable the audio cues when adjusting the volume via the touch controls.

I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and forwarded it to the appropriate teams for consideration.

Plus one! I would love to disable the volume change audio

Thanks Sotiris C, I hope your teams can understand that forcing their radically different aesthetic on my listening experience is something I have a hard time comprehending. I’d love to be able to have a say in the matter.

Ah, I see now there are complaints for this same issue -- that is, duplicating with an annoying sound effect what I can already hear when increasing or decreasing volume -- across multiple Sonos devices from at least 3 years ago. So while Sotiris C dubbed themselves the correct answer (the same “thank you and good luck with that” posted in other, similar complaints), I’m getting that the real answer is Sonos doesn’t consider buyer choice regarding enforced sound effects worthy of addressing. Good to know, and a bummer. Not sure I can still return my Era 100s but I’m sure gonna try.