Answered

Connecting Sonos Move to TV

• 29 November 2020
  • 8 replies

I want to connect 2 sonos move speakers to a smart tv wirelessly in my kitchen only for watching soccer.I have a sonos beam in an ajoining room . I then want to be able to pair the beam with the 2 move  speakers to play music throughout kitchen and ajoining room. I know i can do this so the question i have is really can I connect the two sonos move  speakers wirelessly to smart tv in kitchen

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 November 2020, 16:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Generally speaking, no. Most TVs don’t have Bluetooth that will broadcast to a Move, and certainly while in Bluetooth mode, you can not create a stereo pair of Moves. 

You could potentially group a stereo pair of WiFi Moves with the Beam in the other room, and have the TV set that the Beam is connected to turned on and on the same channel as your second TV, but the Moves would be slightly delayed in playback of the signal, by 75ms. This would certainly cause lipsync problems, but that may not be an issue if you’re only doing it for football matches, but there’s a rather lot of effort to get this going every time. 

can’t I connect the move speakers via the blue tooth on the tv ! I am beginning to regret buying Sonos for what I wanted to use it for !

You might be able to do so, if the TV has Bluetooth, and the TV uses a Bluetooth profile that the Sonos uses, but not a stereo pair, I’d expect. 

Pointless having a beam connected to kitchen tv because I don’t watch movies in the kitchen and the beam is sufficient for what I need! Is there no device you can buy from Sonos to attach to the tv that will cure this issue! I am now regretting buying theses Sonos products

You already have purchased a device from Sonos that is designed to connect to a TV, the Beam. The Move was not designed to connect to a TV, and has never been marketed as such. You’re attempting to force a configuration that isn’t intended, or supported. I’m baffled as to why you’re upset with Sonos. 

Yeas exactly , they are not designed for this , but how hard would it have been for sonos to make these

so you can attach them wirlessly to your tv, But if you look at the bigger pitcure it looks to me

like Sonos is designed so  that a person will have to buy  more products to get what they want , eg beam or arc , rather that speakers that just hook up to your tv wirelessly

I have a similar issue:  I have a great set up with 2 Sonos moves that can sync with my tv sound bar in  the man cave , but I have just added an 2016 Samsung g outside in the garden 

I would love to find a way to connect wirelessly from the older tv to the moves - would it be through an Apple TV or a WiFi or bluetooth transmitter? 

If the two Moves are in WiFi mode, and set up as a stereo pair, you should be able to use AirPlay 2 from the Apple TV. If you’ve got them set up as Bluetooth speakers, a Bluetooth transmitter would be able to be connected to one of them at a time. Most (all?) Bluetooth transmitters can not do stereo with two separate speakers.