Skip to main content
I have a SonosOne and sometimes it simply shuts off by itself after working normally. Is there a setup setting that makes this happen?
Not sure that you mean that it shuts itself off. When there's nothing being streamed to it, it does move to a low power state, waiting for a "wake up" from your network.

What I think you're saying is that the stream stop. Which is a different issue. Which could be caused by a multitude of different things. Some streaming services have a limited amount of time before you have to "refresh" the stream by interacting with it. Or, sometimes speakers drop off of the local wifi or wired connection, due to issues such as wifi interference, duplicate IP addresses, or router issues. And sometimes routers drop the network connection themselves.

You're going to need to give us better information before we can help you. And honestly, your best bet is to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

And of course, there's the extremely remote chance that there's a hardware fault with your device, i.e. it's overheating and turning itself off, and then rebooting once it's cooled down. But that would be shown in the diagnostic I suggested in the paragraph above this one.
Thank you for all the useful inforation! I just encountered a "stoppage" again. I was playing music when it simply stopped and I left it alone for about 5 minutes. I then went over and tapped on my Sonos and it simply came alive again and continued with the music. No Alexa message was heard.

I don't know what a system diagnostic is nor how to do one.
There's a post in the "Troubleshooting" area of the forum that explains what a system diagnostic is, and does. If you click on the underlined words in my post, you'll be taken to the FAQ where it explains how to generate one.