Skip to main content

Lately I’ve been having issues when I use AirPlay2 on my Move with Play1’s. I have my paired Play1’s in the garage and when I bring Move to the garage to play alongside my Play1’s they play together fine until I sync AirPlay2 to the Move. Music will play on Move/Play1’s for a little while and then the Move will drop out or the Play1’s will drop out for 10+seconds and come back on or both will drop out. Sometimes one or the other will drop indefinitely. I have to go through my Sonos2 app to retry connecting AirPlay2 back to Move. I’ve tried changing my Boost setting 1/6/11 and still does the same thing. This gets annoying so I’ll go back to playing Spotify or music library. I haven’t done a diagnostic check yet. 
Thanks.

The Sonos Move doesn’t use the Sonos Boost - it’s a WiFi only product. Do you know what WiFi band the Move is using at the moment? If it’s on your 5Ghz band, then see if switching its connection to your routers 2.4Ghz band solves the issue. I would also set that band to use a non-overlapping WiFi channel - 1, 6 or 11 and perhaps set the channel-width to 20Mhz only, if your router configuration allows for that.

Hope those suggestions fixes the issue for you.

Wow, I thought I could use Boost for my Move. Maybe I misread that somewhere? It is/was on my 5ghz band and yes I switched it over to 2.4 band. I think it did make a difference. But don’t remember at the moment. Sorry my memory isn’t sharp these days. I am on the Big Island at the moment so I cannot check. I will be home on Tuesday which then I can double check the bands. I will try your suggestions then. Thank you for your response.

The portable Sonos products do not support a Boost/SonosNet (mesh) wireless connection simply because if a user was to ‘roam’ or ‘move’ (each pun intended) about their Home with them, then those portable devices would likely interfere with the SonosNet mesh signal, making and breaking connections between devices, so the portable devices are all WiFi only.

You could choose another option and that is to put all your speakers on the routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band (using the channels/channel-width mentioned earlier) & remove the Boost from the system and if all works well, then sell the Boost.

So that’s something else to perhaps think about.