Two different Sonos sytems on one network

• 26 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have just purchased an Arc and set it up on its own S2 system , whilst leaving all my other speakers on my old S1 system. 

I know have an issue with my harmony ultimate remote where it scans for the Sonos system and allows you to control it. The issue is that the harmony finds the old S1 system and not the new S2 system. 

is it possible to rename the Sonos system so they appear as separate systems when the harmony searches for them, then I should be able to select my arc when setting up the harmony ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have just purchased an Arc and set it up on its own S2 system , whilst leaving all my other speakers on my old S1 system. 

I know have an issue with my harmony ultimate remote where it scans for the Sonos system and allows you to control it. The issue is that the harmony finds the old S1 system and not the new S2 system. 

is it possible to rename the Sonos system so they appear as separate systems when the harmony searches for them, then I should be able to select my arc when setting up the harmony ?

The Harmony remote should scan its connected network/subnet and find every speaker S1 and S2 on the LAN, it shouldn’t distinguish by Sonos Household. I would try editing the Sonos devices and rescan (refresh) again through the MyHarmony App and see if it finds all - if not, then it might be a question for Logitech Support.

Thanks for the reply  the rescan option didn’t work. When it finds the Sonos kit it only ever listed all the speakers on the old system and not the new one. I even tried renaming the arc, trying again and still no good. 
The only way I could get it to work was to power off all the old hardware and leave the arc on. 
Then configure the harmony remote then power the other kit back on. 

I will raise a call in Logitech support as well as the next issue is that the command to select the TV as the source isn’t available, so that could be a pain sometimes as I guess (have not tested it long enough yet) that the auto switch to TV will sometimes not work and require me to switch the arc over to TV as the source. 

Thanks for the reply  the rescan option didn’t work. When it finds the Sonos kit it only ever listed all the speakers on the old system and not the new one. I even tried renaming the arc, trying again and still no good. 
The only way I could get it to work was to power off all the old hardware and leave the arc on. 
Then configure the harmony remote then power the other kit back on. 

I will raise a call in Logitech support as well as the next issue is that the command to select the TV as the source isn’t available, so that could be a pain sometimes as I guess (have not tested it long enough yet) that the auto switch to TV will sometimes not work and require me to switch the arc over to TV as the source. 

If I’m understanding your latter point correctly, aswell as your Sonos Arc/Receiver, have you added your TV to your ‘Watch TV’ activity? - you should then be able to switch to the TV (or any other source, HDMI1,2,3 etc.) as your chosen source if you have chosen that in the myHarmony App? See my screenshots. I have created different activities to switch to the various TV inputs.