Sonos Technician

I need a Sonos expert in the Cumming or Alpharetta ga Area. Can someone please recommend someone . I have called to sonos support and been on the phone for up to 2 hours with no satisfaction .
Thanks in advance
Rory

Moderator edit: Removed phone number

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

I'm not sure it's wise to post your phone number on a public forum, there's no telling what amount of random calls you'll get from advertisers, cranks, etc.

OTOH, you could look for a professional installer in your area, if you're unwilling to wait for an official Sonos response to your phone call. Or, you could try their 24/7 support areas on either Facebook or Twitter.
Ah, glad to see they removed your phone number.

If you tell us where Cumming or Alpharetta is (what state), we could probably help you do a google search for a local installer who may be able to assist you.
40 miles north of Atlanta GA
OK, let me google "Sonos Installer Alpharetta Georgia" and see what we come up with.
Here's a good list of people who have Sonos installation experience:

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=sonos&find_loc=Atlanta%2C+GA
Just out of curiosity, what is your need for an "expert" about? There's a whole passel of folks on this community board who, in my humble opinion, know more about how Sonos works than most. If you were to ask a question here, you'd likely get some pretty good feedback. Unless you need someone to physically do something to install a Sonos device, getting answers here is just about as good as anywhere, and often much better than places like Best Buy, etc.

If it's information / advice you need, this forum is an excellent place to get it. Or Sonos' own support areas, the phone lines during business hours, and the two areas that they provide 24/7 support, Twitter and Facebook.

Entirely up to you, but just wanted to make sure you knew all of the possibilities.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for jumping in, Bruce! As to finding a local reseller or installer, you can also find a list here.

@Roryc64, I've taken a look at your diagnostics and the call you had with the technician. I'd love to get you in touch with another agent if you'd like some help. I know it's frustrating when things aren't working, but you may not need to pay someone to come out and fix things. Our senior team is great at sorting out this sort of issue, something that an installer might not have the tools to deal with.
Ryan I would like to talk with a Senior person . This system has been instLled since January . It had worked like a top for 4 months . I cannot even log in to the app and it find my system on the network . I have to go Unplug the cable from the router for sonos to find the system on the net work. Once I do find the system and get the app to work everting will skip except for the sound bar and the Sub .
Please let know when we can schedule a technician .
Rory
Thanks to everyone for your help.
I am open to a Solution.
Rory
Rorcy64,

Can you describe your network for us? What is wired? What is wireless? Do you have any network switches? How are you controlling the system? (phone/pad/computer) What model router are you using?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Roryc64, I've passed along your details to a technician who will be reaching out soon. It's the end of his day already, so it may be tomorrow, but you should be getting an email to schedule a call with him. We'll be in touch!
My net work is 300 megs from windstream .
I have 2 ubiquity access points one on the main floor of the house and one up stairs .
My sonos system is as follows
These never skip
sound bar wired
subwoofer WiFi 2 sono1 to complete surround sound WiFi

These constantly skip
4 connect amps wire strait to router Daisy chained

2 sonos one wireless in various llocations
Who setup the Ubiquiti? Before working with SONOS support make sure that the Ubiquiti are using WiFi channel 1, 6, or 11, not "Auto". Ideally, SONOS and each of the access points will use a different channel. If you are also using the Windstream router's built-in wireless, make sure that it is using channel 1, 6, or 11, not "Auto". Ideally, adjacent areas should use different channels. You can adjust the transmitter power of the Ubiquiti's. While it is tempting to use maximum power, this is not always optimum if coverage areas overlap.

SONOS support should be able to figure this out quickly, but a bad network cable between your router and the cluster of CONNECT:AMP's could result in this sort of issue. Depending on the service technician there may be a little push back about daisy chaining the CONNECT:AMP's. Four, if the first is directly connected to the router, is not an issue.