Sonos One SL/Apple Homekit controls unavailable for this device

• 25 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, i have two Sonos One SL in different rooms. They work fine. The problem is that i cannot control them with Siri nor with the Home app. It shows the following message „Controls unavailable for this device.” 

Now, i have done a reset to all devices including the router and reconnected everything again. Still the same error. All devices have the latest updates.

Does anybody know some secret settings i‘m missing somewhere? 

Best regards, Irfan.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @IRF, welcome to the community! Yes, you may need to check this article about Using Siri to control Sonos speakers. Let us know if this helps. Thanks! 

Badge

Hello Krishna M, thank you for your input!

Unfortunatelly, it doesn’t work, it says “Sonos hasn’t added support for that with Siri”.

Best regards, Irfan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @IRF, thanks for your reply. When are you getting that message? Can you please try to submit a diagnostic of your system so I can further check it on my end because Sonos ONE SL should work with Siri. Reply to us with the confirmation number. Thanks!

Badge

Hello Krishma M, the confirmation number is 1289380222.

Best regards, Irfan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @IRF, thanks for the diagnostic. Yes, I can see that you have two Sonos One SL, and like I said they should both work with Siri following the steps provided in the article above. Can you please try it again and let me know how it goes and where you’ll get the problem. Thanks! 

Same problem. Sonos seems to suggest that I can control Sonos One SL via Siri on an iOS and macOS device running the Sonos application and controlling the Sonos SL. No success using Siri even after adding Sonos One SL to Apple Home Application with same room name as the speaker in Sonos setup

Same problem with IKEA Symfonisk products.