Answered

2 amps with identical setup, 1 airplay works, 1 doesnt.

• 23 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello! I have 5 Sonos that are AirPlay enabled, including 2 amps. 

for these two amps, they are setup identically, they are stacked on top of each other,  both hard wired direct to the network. 

1 amp (and all my other Airplay speakers) work.  But 1 amp gives the same error on any device (“unable to connect to “the pool”)

ive power cycled, restarted the network, checked for updates,   Turned WiFi on and off on that amp,   Tried a half dozen iOS devices,     Nothing I do will make the Sonos work. 

for this broken amp, no other symptoms, all music services work from the Sonos ap, but not from airplay or apple HomeKit. 

it did work at one point when I installed the amps initially, but not anymore.  

any tips? Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 23 January 2023, 05:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try unstacking them for a test, give it a meter from any other radio or RF noisy device.

You can’t turn on and off WiFi, that error in labeling by Sonos has hurt a lot of folks. What that option actually does is turn off the internal radio. 

You could also try Airplay on the good Amp, then the problem one and within about 10 minutes of starting this submit a diagnostic to Sonos support as they can see the hidden from users internal data. Contact them with the number and your problem to get them to look into it.