Question

Bluetooth 5.0 device transmitting to Bluetooth 4.2 Move

• 30 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a Sonos Move on order.  I am going to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter to play a records on a turntable through the Move.  Most of the Bluetooth transmitters use Bluetooth 5.0, which the Move uses 4.2.  I simply want to make sure that if I buy a 5.0 device that it will work with the move.  Understood if I will not have all of the advantages of 5.0; I only want to know if the devices using different BT standards are compatible.

Thanks for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Buckyzacker.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! I’d be glad to help.

I saw this similar thread about Sonos Move paired with  Bluetooth Transmitter that uses Bluetooth 5.0. However, the BT transmitter is connected to a different source device and not on Turntable.

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/sonos-move-paired-with-bluetooth-transmitter-connected-to-projector-6850236

Checking the product manual and FAQ about Sonos Move, I don’t see an indication of BT standards for device compatibility. Once you have set up Move on your WiFi network, press the Bluetooth/WiFi mode button on the back of the speaker to switch to Bluetooth mode. The LED on top of the speaker will illuminate blue. To pair, select Move from the list of available devices on your phone. If it does not appear, press and hold the button.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.