Answered

Sonos Move paired with Bluetooth Transmitter connected to Projector?

• 1 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just purchased a Sonos Move to use in my bedroom and want to connect it via bluetooth 5.0 transmitter from Amazon that is plugged into my projector:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013ULOP10/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How do I get the move to connect automatically to the bluetooth transmitter?

The blue flashing lights on both the move and transmitter just keep flashing blue...

icon

Best answer by epiic 2 November 2020, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @epiic.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to connect your Sonos Move via Bluetooth to your projector using a Bluetooth transmitter. Let me help you out with that.

The Sonos Move’s Bluetooth feature and capability were made for the sole purpose of connecting a mobile controller with Bluetooth function to be able to play music. Pairing the Sonos Move via Bluetooth is a manual procedure that is done the same way as connecting a mobile phone to any Bluetooth device. The Sonos Move is not capable of connecting automatically to a Bluetooth transmitter as the situation needs to be the other way around, The Bluetooth capable controller should be the one connecting to the Sonos Move. 

I hope this helps out in providing some clarifications.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge

UPDATE: I got it working after looking at the instruction manual for the bluetooth adapter. Having the Sonos Move as a projector speaker is incredible!!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also, when i switch to wifi mode and back to bluetooth, it automatically reconnects to my projector without doing anything. These devices are a match made in heaven. :) 

eppic:  What BT transmittor device did you use?  Looking to do the same.

EDIT:  I went back to the original and saw the brand.  Going with their Pro edition, and I’ll keep you posted.

Userlevel 1
Badge

eppic:  What BT transmittor device did you use?  Looking to do the same.

EDIT:  I went back to the original and saw the brand.  Going with their Pro edition, and I’ll keep you posted.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013ULOP10