Skip to main content

We’re proud to announce the launch of Sonos Radio, the premier radio experience on Sonos.  This is a free, ad-supported streaming radio service available to Sonos customers, offering access to an extensive assortment of music, news, live sports and more. 

Sonos Radio connects you with radio stations from around the world, with over 60,000 broadcast radio stations brought together in an easy to use interface. You can also use Sonos Radio to access radio services from our partners, such as iHeartRadio in North America, with more on the way. 

Sonos Radio features exclusive Sonos Stations, 30 genre-based stations based off of the music our owners listen to most. Get quick access to music with stations designed to complement the things you do at home, like getting ready in the morning, relaxing, working from home, cooking, and more.

Broadcasting from our Sonos Store in New York City, Sonos Sound System is the destination for music discovery and sonic inspiration. You can find Sound System along with our exclusive artist-curated stations under Sonos Presents in the app. 

Learn more here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/482

Stations are not a radio station.

I guess we’ll have to disagree on this.  It seems to me that the SONOS radio stations are closer to a playlist than an over the air broadcast. 

My brief use of Sonos Radio suggests you’re both correct…

That is, there are some genuine “live playing” radio stations (I was just listening to BBC Radio 6 Music, and it was their live broadcast) and some pre-recorded “on demand” programmes.

For the latter, such as Sonos own curated-by type shows, it would be nice to see an indication of how far into/ how long the programme is, and see track information as it plays.

I started listening to one, but had to pause it to take care of something. When I came back to it, I couldn’t pick up where I left off, and with no ability to skip what I had already listened to.. well.. I’ll never hear the end of that show.

Hi, I really like Sonos Stations. I seem to have an issue with the app. On my iPhone (app version 11.1) I can only see 12 stations in 3 groups of four. On my iMac I can see all 31 stations. Is this how it’s supposed to be?

I’m unable to add any local stations to My Sonos. How come?

There’s no search within the Sonos Radio browse tab, but if you click onto the search tab and start looking for radio stations, Sonos Radio results will show up in there.

Ryan. Search does not return any Sonos Radio products for me (Sonos App on Android, all up to latest releases). I'm struggling to use Sonos Radio - BBC stations are excruciatingly awkward to find, and there doesnt seem to be a way to save them in a "MyStations" list in the player once I've been through the pain - I need to go through the pain every time I change station. Why?

Will there ever be an option to get rid of the advertisements in between songs?

Lack of advertisement (and annoying radio hosts) is single most important reason why i have switched from traditional radio channels to paid online music streaming. I generally like the idea of Sonos curated radio stations. But please give us the option to somehow opt-out of the ad interruption. 🙏 Maybe finance the channels in a different way or offer an affordable subscription.

Please strike Radio Hour and other artist interviews from Sonos raison channel “Sound System.”   When I tune to this channel, I want to hear music — not talk, etc.  If Sonos finds that artist interviews appeal to listeners, perhaps you could separate Sound System into a “Sonos Artists Showcase” and an exclusively-music channel?  ...and please don’t bring in a Thom Yorke session, when you already have a completely-Thom Yorke channel.  If we want to hear Thom or other content that Sonos offers on exclusive channels, we can tune to those channels.

im already playing Sonos Radio more often than Spotify.  Provide enough varied content, and add download capability for offline listening and many of us may opt to pay for a Sonos subscription service. 

When are Sonos Stations and Sonos Presents being available in Poland?

Sonos - you had a great thing with Sonos Radio until you put advertisements. Now it sucks. It’s great listening to Classical and be interrupted by a crappy jingle for Crest toothpaste. Damn. 

I immediately went looking for the David Byrne show, “Here Comes Everybody.” But I cannot find it in the archive, or search, it isn’t in with the “Sonos Presents” artists like Thom Yorke or the Third Man channel. I can’t even find when the new episodes air if it is live only.

How the heck do I find this show, it sounds amazing!!??!!??

Many thanks for anyone with answers.

Can I use Sonos Radio in egypt ??

Really enjoying the Encyclopedia of Brittany station… pretty eclectic. 

How about you reply to my messages about my play base and play1 speakers not working we paid alot of money for the speakers we deserve some customer service

OK - enough with the in-app pop ups and constant Sonos Radio advertising.  Create a setting inside of Notifications.  I don’t agree to being constantly marketed for an add-on service.  I’ve already paid lots of money to Sonos and I paid for spam-free app usage.  

While I agree with your sentiment, and find the pop ups for ‘help’ a bit much, have you turned off the marketing messages on your account? If memory serves, you log in to your account on the Sonos website, not these forums, and go to your profile. You can then choose whether to get marketing emails from Sonos, or get them in the controller under the ‘Contact Options’. That might help. 

...Sonos Radio, the premier radio experience on Sonos.  This is a free, ad-supported streaming radio service available to Sonos customers, offering access to an extensive assortment of music, news, live sports and more. 

Love the music curations on Sonos Radio, but the ads are tough. Any chance of a subscription option coming to remove the ads?

Love the music curations on Sonos Radio, but the ads are tough. Any chance of a subscription option coming to remove the ads?

See here for Sonos radio HD: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-radio

Stop asking me to try Sonos radio every time I go on the app!!! If I press X it means I am NOT INTERESTED so why does the notification keep reappearing it’s ridiculous 

Will BBC Radio stations be available on SONOS Radio, after 21 March 2021, wherever I am in the world?

That would depend on the BBC, who controls their stream, and not Sonos.

How rude.

I’m not asking who it depends on.

I’m asking a straight question to SONOS and it’s community.

The answer is a simple one - Yes or No.

If Yes, I will continue to buy SONOS products.  If No, I won’t.

Simple as that.

I’m not sure how providing information is rude. You asked the community a question, the community provided an answer. 

It remains something that Sonos has no control over. Asking the question of the Sonos community will garner guesses, and not a definitive answer, as the controlling factor is the BBC, and not Sonos, nor TuneIn, nor RadioPlayer. 

There is not currently a simple answer from the Sonos perspective. Sonos does not have a direct relationship with the BBC, Sonos has relationships with other services, TuneIn and RadioPlayer, and it would be up to those service’s relationship with the BBC that would control whether or not the BBC would be available on Sonos in the future. 

The other option would be if the BBC were to incorporate the Sonos API on their own servers, which would then provide us users a ‘plug in’ to directly access the BBC content, rather than relying on other company’s streams. Given the many years Sonos has been in business, it seems as though the BBC is uninterested in doing so, but I’ve not confirmed that with anyone at the BBC.

You may be able to get a more definitive answer from the BBC.

Airgetlam,

I don’t like your tone and bullying treatment of me.

I vehemently disagree with you - SONOS should be able to tell me a straight answer - Yes or No.

I am not looking for a solution or technical response.  I simply want to know - Yes or No.

Will SONOS Radio play BBC Radio 2 for me after 21 March, or will it not?

Wilderbeast your being a bit much here.    

Ask the BBC they control their streams.   Otherwise - answer is no there is no confirmed change in availability announced with Sonos and BBC.

Seems I am being targeted by the SONOS community bullies.

Seems we are talking to a 12 year old.