Answered

why doesn't Roam work straight out of the box?

• 11 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Look how many people have the same problems with this product. I have spent hours on hold, back at the retailer, talking to support, reading countless articles, uninstalling reinstalling, rebooting and trying every method known to man and still Google Assistant refuses to add to Roam. I fed up of the poor service and Sonos as a product.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 January 2024, 15:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Follow the steps in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/set-up-the-google-assistant-with-a-voice-enabled-sonos-product

Also make sure Google Assistant is available in your region:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/google-assistant-availability-on-sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

How would Sonos or your retailer know if you wanted to use Google Assistant and what your Google credentials are?

This worked with my Amazon Fire TV stick, that came preconfigured. But Amazon already knows my credentials…..

How would Sonos or your retailer know if you wanted to use Google Assistant and what your Google credentials are?

This worked with my Amazon Fire TV stick, that came preconfigured. But Amazon already knows my credentials…..

I don’t think you read the post properly. I don’t expect Sonos to read my mind, I expect it to do what is advertised - i.e. work with Google Assistant. If it is not possible to add Google Assistant to the device, and this is not just my experience but also that of many others, then why does Sonos advertise the feature?

This is one of the countless articles I’ve read. No help at all. I am in UK, so it is “available”, but it will not install. As many other posters have already stated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @A_UniqueUsername

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You shouldn’t be having any trouble with adding Google Assistant to your Roam - there aren’t any known issues with doing so.

I recommend you reboot your phone/tablet, and reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

If you still have trouble adding Google Assistant after that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Apologies - I see you have a case already that has been escalated to L2. My colleague Ünal sent you an email on the 17th of January - did you not receive it? Please let me know if not.