Answered

Sonos Roam Won't Turn on or Factory Reset (Fully Charged)

• 22 September 2023
  • 28 replies

Hello,

My Sonos Roam (owned for almost 2 years) suddenly won’t power on even after staying on a charger (both wireless charging and with cord). I’ve tried doing the 12 second power button hold for a factory reset but it doesn’t do anything. 

Please help!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 September 2023, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

That post was in response to the individual post, quoted, which seemed to imply a simple one purpose Bluetooth speaker was better. For some uses, it may be, but as the post points out rather clearly, the Sonos Roam is much more than a single use/connection device. 

I, too, have yet to have issue with any of the three Roams I have access to. I tend to use AirPlay 2, Bluetooth, and the Sonos controller on each of them. 

My Sonos Roam is also bricked. It died after two years. It won’t respond to any combination of button presses or any charger. I called Sonos and they sent me labels to send it back. They said they will send a 30% discount voucher. However you already get 20% off Sonos at the moment so it doesn’t help that much. I don’t have much incentive to box it up, fill in customs forms, contact UPS, wait for them to collect etc. I have loads of other Sonos products, none of which have failed. I used to think they were good at support.

I’m curious as to what you would expect from Apple, or Samsung, or LG, if one of their devices failed after 2 years?