Answered

Sonos Roam repeatedly needs to be set up

• 1 March 2022
  • 6 replies

When turning on my Sonos Roam, it will often require me to set up again in the S2 app. For example, it was working fine yesterday, but when I turned it on today, the indicator light first flashed white, then flashed orange/white, and then blinked green. This also happened yesterday. Not sure why it's resetting itself, so I'm wondering if someone could help.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 March 2022, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

From your description, something is clearly not right here, you should only need to setup the Roam speaker one-time only.

Can you perhaps go onto outline the steps that you take for the setup using the Sonos App and what the outcome of that process is that you see in the S2 App.

Since posting this an hour or two ago, it is asking me to set it up again, so I sure can:

I turn the Roam on, and it starts blinking green. S2 says that Roam is offline.

I click on Roam in the S2 app and I get the pop up to Add my Roam.

I go through the setup process using NFC, and then it shows my Roam as online with the battery life indicator, and it's now working well with my Playbar.

I just installed an update, so I hope that helps, but this has been going on since before the previous update, so I'm not hopeful.

@Michael343 

So after install, does the setup show as being successful and is the device then registered in your online Sonos account under the ‘System’ area?

What causes the device to then reset, is it a case you simply power it off fully (5+ sec press on rear power button until the descending tones are heard) and then power it back on again? - is that what resets it?

@Ken_Griffiths 

Yes, it does show it being successful, and it's listed on my account.

I'm not sure what resets it. It seems to happen whether I've previously pressed the power button to turn it off (only with a quick press), allowed it to power down after inactivity, or if the battery  ran out.

@Michael343,

If it happens again, I perhaps would submit a diagnostic report as soon as practicable, note it’s reference …and then contact/chat to Sonos Support via this LINK

Thanks so much for your help!