Answered

Sonos Roam orange light

• 28 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve had my Sonos Roam (bought at Costco) for slight over a year and the orange light is on.

Originally, I had it on the wireless charger and when I went to turn it on, nothing happened. Then, I switched over to the wired charger and the orange light came on. I left it on for hours (over a day), but still nothing. I’ve held the power button down for 15 seconds, but still unresponsive. 

After spending over $100 on this speaker, just over a year ago,I’m starting to really doubt the quality of Sonos. Seems like their battery is no better than those on much cheaper speakers.

Any other suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by pablor13 30 October 2023, 01:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What wired charger is it connected to? What’s the voltage and Amps on this charger?

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Both the wired and wireless connections use the original Sonos plug/brick. The plug/brick says 5v, 2.1 A. 

After charging with the wired connection overnight, the orange light goes out and the white light on the other end of the unit lights up. However, as soon as I unplug the unit from the charger, all lights go out and the unit doesn’t power up.

I called Sonos support and they are sending a replacement wireless charger, but I doubt that fixes anything. It looks like a dead battery. Sonos support says that if the new wireless charger does fix the issue, they can give me a 30% coupon. So now I can pay $140 instead of $200 for another product that will last less than 2 years?!?!

NO THANK YOU. I’ll just buy a $40 product on Amazon and replace it in 2 years. They used a bad battery for something that costs nearly $200.

Never buying another Sonos device again. 

Same problem here. Once the Roam battery goes completely uncharged, the whole unit appears to be unrecoverable, even when using the wired charger (and yes, its the right charger and cable). 

After days of charging i got back the white light (after it only being orange) but still a totally useless brick.

Extremely frustrated by Sonos support offering me the 30% coupon...wtf. Stand by your products. I own multiple other Sonos units, have bought them for my parents and also recommended them to others. But that will need to stop.

(Also, you bought yours at Costco, they will likely take it back. I made the mistake of buying from Sonos).