Answered

Sonos Roam continually ‘offline’ on S2 app yet sucessfully connecting to spotify via airplay

• 17 May 2021
  • 3 replies

I bought the Roam the other day. After a nightmare setting it up with the app and a few hours on the live chat with customer services, it worked through the app for the first day and even paired happily with my beam, but has since been ‘offline’ on the Sonos app. It’s been off and on and I’ve restarted our WiFi router. I’ve been able to play music through it directly through Spotify on AirPlay, but no joy connecting it again to the beam via the app. This means I can’t see what the battery is doing and how much charge I have at any point. Sometimes it randomly changes its own volume to quite loud while sat in the same spot and I have to turn it down. I haven’t had any problems with my beam. Is this a faulty Sonos product? We mostly plan to use it around the house and garden. Should I return it and switch to a Sonos One, which was our other option?

icon

Best answer by James L. 17 May 2021, 15:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Noodles.n.doodles

What kind of router do you have? Is it a BT Smart Hub 2? If so, have a read of this article and let me know how you get on. It could be the case that your Roam is connecting to the 5GHz part of your WiFi hence why it’s unavailable in the app.

We don’t have a BT hub. It’s  ZTE and the provider is called See The Light. Have there been issues with this provider?

The Roam has now disappeared from my iPhone app and iPad completely.

Badge +17

We don’t have a BT hub. It’s  ZTE and the provider is called See The Light. Have there been issues with this provider?

The Roam has now disappeared from my iPhone app and iPad completely.

Thanks for following up. I’m not familiar with any known issues to do with ZTE or seethelight specifically, so I think it would be best to give our customer support team a call. They’ll be able to take a much closer look at what’s happening to your Roam.