Skip to main content

I tried to charge and start my Roam, but when I turned it on, NO POWER, so I tried to charge it with its USB-C cord and it would still NOT TURN ON! I can’t reach Sonos Support because I have to wait on phone for 65 minutes! 
Any ideas??

What is the USB-C cord plugged in to at the other end? 

Wall outlet. I’ve always used wall outlet in the past. 

Sorry, perhaps I worded that poorly…my Roam’s USB C cord didn’t come with a charger ( well, that I recall ) to plug into the wall. Is this USB C charger that you have plugged in to the wall from Sonos, or is it a third party charger? Do you know what amperage and voltage it generates? How long after plugging the Roam’s USB cable into it are you testing? 

Charger and cord came with Roam speaker. I have use and charged speaker about ½ dozen times. Tried to use it on Father’s Day and unfortunately it didn’t work OR charge?

Ok, thanks, I wasn’t sure…and if my Roam came with a charger, I’ve long since ‘lost’ it. Do you have another USB C cable and charger to test with? It might be useful to test with to be sure whether the charger itself has failed, or the Roam speaker itself, before calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it. Save some time and aggravation, as much as you can, just make sure, that the USB C charger you try matches or exceeds the specifications here

But it’s 50/50 as to whether the charger has failed, or the speaker has. Ultimately, you’re likely to need to call in. 

Thanks for all the great advice!

Just tried different charger with same specs……no go! It has to be speaker and I think it’s out of 1 year warranty 😩! Do you think they will do anything?

Don’t know….which is why I’m suggesting you call in. There are all sorts of potentials, I think, but I have no idea what they’re allowed to do.

And that’s a pretty quick test. I’d give the new charger at least half an hour of potential charging before declaring failure. 

Much like I’m currently doing with my AirPods Pro, which wouldn’t connect this morning…and I finally got past a screen that said it was at 100% charge, to a screen that suggests the actual charge is 1%. I’m giving it a couple of hours before I go back to doing some testing. Charging takes time, it isn’t anywhere as near as fast as I’d like. 

Bruce,

I finally got hold of them after a 45 minute Wait on the phone. We went through several attempts at restarting the Speaker. None of it worked and believe it or not The customer service person authorized a brand new speaker for me as a replacement. I was more than pleasantly surprised since it’s been since 2022 that I got the original. Great customer service and enjoyed dealing with Sonos.

Marc

Glad to hear it worked out. Enjoy your Sonos!

👍👍