Answered

skipping/stopping

• 11 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Since adding a roam and a move, my music has been skipping and stopping.  Probably IP address thing.  I know that a fix is to unplug everything and then reboot everything one by one.  But how do you deal with the move and the roam since they are battery powered?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 May 2021, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos Move

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Sonos Roam

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3636?language=en_US

You can also try connecting one of your Sonos speakers directly to your router with an ethernet cable.

It’s relatively unlikely, but not impossible, that it’s an IP related thing. It’s significantly more likely that it has to do some sort of wifi interference .

The suggestion by GuitarSuperstar above is a good way to resolve potential IP issues, especially if you reboot the router before doing either of those procedures. It may not resolve the issue if it does turn out to be interference. 

So do I need to try rebooting all speakers.  This only started after I added the roam to my system.  

thanks, Tom

I’d recommend following those instructions, yes. There’s been some issues on the Roam particularly, that have been helped by doing that. Since you already have a Sonos system, you’re not losing any data, as re-adding it will copy the information over from the other speakers.