Answered

Roam won't connect to wifi for setup.

• 10 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Reading through this forum I can see that a number of people are having trouble trying to add the Roam to the existing wifi network. I couldn’t find a clear answer to the problem though. The rest of my Sonos products have been working just fine for over 6 months on the same wifi network, so why does the app tell me there is a problem with my router and cannot connect the roam??

Normally Sonos set-up is wonderfully east so this is really doing my head in.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 July 2021, 12:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

First, note that the Roam is S2 App only (it will not work on S1). Also ensure your router WiFi is 802.11b/g/n compatible for the setup. 

If relevant, switch off QOS/Airtime fairness on the router itself and perhaps temporarily switch your mobile controller device to use the 2.4Ghz WiFi band and ensure your mobile meets these mentioned system requirements 

Cheers Ken,

I have updated the app to the S2 version so all good there. I am using an Airport time capsule fixed on 2.4Ghz. The specs advise ‘Interoperable with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac devices’.

I have my tablet connected to the same network. Does this all sound about right??

Cheers Ken,

I have updated the app to the S2 version so all good there. I am using an Airport time capsule fixed on 2.4Ghz. The specs advise ‘Interoperable with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac devices’.

I have my tablet connected to the same network. Does this all sound about right??

Yes that sounds fine to me so far - what tablet/operating system is the S2 App running on?

I am using an apple iPad gen 6. software version 14.4.

Yes that’s fine too - maybe switch off ‘Private Address’ in the iPad settings wifi network connection.

Have you tried a factory reset of the Roam before trying setup again … see this link: 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

You rock Ken!!!!! Apparently my brand new Roam needed a software update first. It’s sorted and even the bluetooth connectivity is working now.

Thanks so much for your help Ken.

Brett

Ah that’s great news Brett - glad you have sorted it. 👍