Answered

Roam stereo pair unpairing over time

• 2 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I’ve noticed that our Roam stereo pair occasionally breaks every wk or 2 and forces us to re-pair them. Any idea why this is? Are they turning themselves off to save power and then forgetting their st. pair? Anyone else experience this?

icon

Best answer by James L. 3 November 2021, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +17

Hi @User63453,

The stereo pair will separate if you connect to Roam via Bluetooth, put it into sleep mode, or power it off.

Once Roam is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi, you will need to recreate the stereo pair again using the steps on our Creating a Stereo Pair FAQ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This would be a great thing to fix.  Either have an option to ensure the pairing is kept, like it does for the Moves or have a quicker pairing process maybe?

Badge +17

This would be a great thing to fix.  Either have an option to ensure the pairing is kept, like it does for the Moves or have a quicker pairing process maybe?

It’s a big feature request, that’s for sure. I’ll pass on these comments to our development team :slight_smile:

I would want the pairing to be kept.  The pairing process is already fairly quick, from my experience, but having to do it at all is annoying.  What I find more annoying is that my Alexa setup will automatically create a new Sonos speaker(room) for me, and I will have to go fix that as well.  

Regardless, I definitely would agree with this feature request.

Badge +3

Hi @User63453,

The stereo pair will separate if you connect to Roam via Bluetooth, put it into sleep mode, or power it off.

Once Roam is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi, you will need to recreate the stereo pair again using the steps on our Creating a Stereo Pair FAQ.

Thx James. We’ve never used BT mode and, to my knowledge, we don’t power them down. It sounds like sleep mode is the culprit. Is sleep mode something they automatically enter overtime or does it require intervention?

Just trying to determine what caused the possible sleep mode and subsequent unpairing.

Thx James. We’ve never used BT mode and, to my knowledge, we don’t power them down. It sounds like sleep mode is the culprit. Is sleep mode something they automatically enter overtime or does it require intervention?

Just trying to determine what caused the possible sleep mode and subsequent unpairing

If you leave the speakers connected to a charger (Qi or USB-C) then they will not go into ‘sleep mode’ and that’s perhaps the best way to keep the pairing ‘alive’.

Off their charger it’s a different matter and in general terms the devices will fall asleep after 30 minutes of all inactivity.  

I personally tend to stereo pair them if I have them on charge (Qi Pad) at home otherwise if I’m using off their charger, in the garden for example, then I prefer to just group them as that seems to persist quite well.