Skip to main content

Since I updated the app at the weekend my Sonos roam SL will not connect to my account. 
Switched off and on WiFi, factory reset have been tried. It gets discovered, links but when it gets to adding I get

There was a problem linking your Sonos Roam SL to your account.

!

Try again

can anyone help?

Same problem here 😞. I also did the app update that appeared to be specific to the Roam (not the general one that is causing so many problems)

Similar problem,   All of a sudden today, my Sonos Roam would not connect to Bluetooth.

Had to reset the Sonos Roam and reconnect to my WiFi.  After a 2hour spelunk down Sonos Help instructions, I finally was able to configure my WiFi to be open.

Now upon hard (factory reset), the Sonos Roam will configure and connect to WiFi, but the end of the set up says this:
” Your Sonos Roam is set up, but may not appear on your Systems tab.  If so, restart the product… (instructions), and your Sonos Roam will appear in your Systems tab, to complete set-up”

Two problems, there doesnt appear to be a ‘Tab’ named systems, and second, (more important), it doesnt appear. 

Im stuck. 😤

After updating to the new app, my Roam WAS working but I was unable to add it to my system — it was  a separate speaker from the others, which is cool, but not what I wanted and not what I had before the update. My other speakers connect and work fine. I’ve done two factory resets on the Roam but anm unable to add the Roam to my account or register it ( i see different wording).  Tried the ChatBot which was useless.  Called support and was told the wait time was 80 min. Remarkably poor service. Stunning.

Similar here.  We moved from one place to another. Sonos went from great to “Sonos can’t find a sonos product”. I was told 40 minute wait. Hung up after 60. Called back later-- 70 minutes Chatbot was utterly useless. Remarkably bad service indeed. Cannot recommend the product. 

Check out the thread “Roam Sl won’t connect after upgrade“.  There’s an answer that will work for some.

I need to revise my query. Sorry.

Roam is not the issue. Wireless connection between Sonos App/Macbook and Sonos 5 is the issue.

We can connect the 5 to the network via cable, but switching to wireless is hopeless. App just says Sonos does not find sonos product on [your network]

We’ve rebooted, rewired, unplugged, reinstalled the app, spent half an hour with a usesless chat bot

and waited on hold for an hour. Nothing works.

Suggestions?

I’m having the same problem trying to connect a new Roam SL to my existing system. Called support and its a 80 min wait with NO callback option. Are you kidding?

I’m about to just return it and buy a Boise for portable sound.  Any ideas?

After a nice chat with a local dealer and reviewing some of the comments here, here’s what worked.

1. Per comment on this site, turned everything off for 24 hours.
  2. Factory reset the S5, five times. Between 4 and 5, rebooted router. Fifth time connected but would not finish set up, stalled on room selection. “living room” never loaded. Cancelled set up. started over.
  3. Reconnected, and selected “bedroom”- first choice on the list.

And we are up and running, for now.

If I was buying a new system I would go Bose or some other product. The Sonos “product support” is nonexistent/unacceptable. Worse than Logitech, in my experience, and we’ll never buy another LT product.

I just tried this;  Factory Resetting 5X.

DOES NOT WORK

Sonos Roam still connects to the apple device (both iPad and iPhone had same thing happen);
Connects to device, plays recognition tone; then attempts to add SonosRoam to local network,  
then presents this message:

Followed this instruction and Sonos App does not complete setup or find the Sonos roam it had previously connected to after Factory reset(s X5)

Sonos Roam SL stopped working since app update. A very unreliable service/product.

i’ve had similar  thing - bought the roam to take away on trips and add to home system , after hours got it finally connected to home but then went away and spent hours on holidays trying to find why it won’t connect to bluetooth , i’ve tried everything suggested and called  support ( no help and i can’t wait for an hour ) and suggesting as a solution  “  make sure your roam is turned on” is not a solution it’s patronising nonsense . I’ve gone from massive Sonos fan from the very first product as an early adopter many years ago to a  sonos detractor . If you can’t help me sort my Roam then i’ll help you with some advice  get your *  together Sonos or lose millions 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*