Answered

Roam not connected

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Have two Sonos Roam speakers, one without issue, works flawlessly. The other disconnects from the system on a regular basis requiring turning the speaker off and on and other times a reboot is required of the speaker. Have the speakers separated and near each other, same issue. Both on the same network, same issue. Always with the one speaker. The other as stated earlier, no issue.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 February 2023, 13:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @gregbillington, welcome to the Sonos Community!

While it seems like the issue is with that specific Sonos Roam, we can’t rule out potential network issues. As the Roam will run off of your Wi-Fi regardless of SonosNet, depending on how your network is configured, you could see issues with one device while others remain stable.

Myself and a lot of our community members would suggest reserving IP addresses for your speakers if you haven’t already, which may help prevent the Roam from dropping out.

As it seems a reboot will bring the Roam back after it disconnects, this leads me to believe it needs to reconnect to the network rather than a hardware issue. Hardware issues will, most often, stay present after any soft/hard reboot. You should also check out system requirements to ensure you don’t have an unsupported setup or unsupported devices, as well as reading out guide on how to reduce wireless interference for your Roams. 

I’d also recommend reaching out to our support team to provide them with your network details and for further assistance as they have the tools necessary to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply…. I moved the 2nd Roam closer to router, let it drain out (no power) put on charge and after a bit, re-booted the device. It has been two days and still operating correctly . Verified IP addresses, each device has its own and as stated in earlier conversations, the only device having any issues is the 2nd ROAM speaker. It works without issue on “bluetooth” when down at the marina, so maybe it will be dedicated to the golf cart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @gregbillington,

In this case, it would be best to speak with our support team. It’s possible the Roam is having Wi-Fi issues due to a fault, but without a diagnostics I can’t say for sure. Our support team will be able to go over the troubleshooting process with you and discuss what options you have in proceeding.

I hope this helps!