Answered

Roam keeps turning itself on.

• 21 April 2021
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

I don’t love the response by James L.. This is, of course, opinionated and can be argued both ways. Wired and wireless speakers have two very different uses. The SONOS app and wired speakers offer significant convenience. If I intend on using a wireless speaker then I’ll turn it on because its traveling with me. It sounds like SONOS designed it to be an alternative to the wired speakers, but from a marketing perspective it acts as a compliment to.

So what is my point? Create a feature where you can enable / disable the auto power on feature when you open the SONOS app. Allow your customers to chose its intention as primary or complimentary. 

So what is my point? Create a feature where you can enable / disable the auto power on feature when you open the SONOS app. Allow your customers to chose its intention as primary or complimentary. 

Isn’t that option already there for the user, who can either leave the Roam in standby mode, or power off the device completely. The fact the speaker wakes-up for 3 minutes when the Sonos App is opened is really neither here, nor there, when it comes to overall Battery drain - its network adapter in low power mode listening out for the WOL packet for long periods is what is draining the Battery.

The only worthwhile way to stop that Battery drain is to power-off the device completely and the power-button option is there to do that.

I would really like to see Sonos fix this my making it simply turn off when you use the power button to turn it off.  WAY too complicated to figure out how to make the thing turn off and say off so it doesn’t drain the battery.

PLEASE SONOS DO A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO MAKE THE ROAM TURN OFF WHEN IT IS TURNED OFF!!!!!

I would really like to see Sonos fix this my making it simply turn off when you use the power button to turn it off.  WAY too complicated to figure out how to make the thing turn off and say off so it doesn’t drain the battery.

PLEASE SONOS DO A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO MAKE THE ROAM TURN OFF WHEN IT IS TURNED OFF!!!!!

It’s not actually that difficult - perhaps take a moment to view this YT video: