Answered

Registered Sonos product missing from account System list.

• 24 November 2023
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Registered Sonos Roam absent from system list. Unable to locate missing Roam. Why would my registered product be missing from account?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 November 2023, 10:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dtms 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are currently 2 Roams registered to your account. Neither are currently connected to our cloud servers, however, along with 6 other devices. Speakers that do not report back to the app are eventually no longer reported there at all, but that does take a while (weeks).

Note that unlike your other speakers (excepting Move), your Roams do not connect to SonosNet, which is being broadcasted by your Boost - they will be connecting to your WiFi instead, and that may be an important distinction, depending on your network topology. If you use WiFi boosters or extenders, they could be causing problems.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Corry,

Thankyou for your reply. The Roam is not at home with the other devices. The last known use was a month ago on a boat where the box has since been found but product is absent along with charge cord. Is it possible the device has been taken and in use by someone else? Is there a way to determine this? I have the serial number of the Roam.

Curious as to what Technical Support said, when you contacted them, per @Corry P ‘s suggestion?

Userlevel 7

Corry,

Thankyou for your reply. The Roam is not at home with the other devices. The last known use was a month ago on a boat where the box has since been found but product is absent along with charge cord. Is it possible the device has been taken and in use by someone else? Is there a way to determine this? I have the serial number of the Roam.

Does the missing Roam still appear under your Sonos (System) account online?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dtms 

Oh! You’re unable to physically locate your Roam? Well, the correct question would now be how many Roams are supposed to be registered to your account? If it is more than two, then yes - it has likely been stolen and registered to another account.

If this is the case, I recommend you contact the Police and get a case number from them. You could then ask the Police to contact us on your behalf - if your Roam has indeed been stolen and used by someone else, we can get the IP address and email of the new registration to the Police and they can take things from there.

I hope this helps, and that you’re able to recover your Roam.

Corry,

Thanks for time responding. I suspect that the roam is no longer in my possesion. Perhaps one more futile search of the boat when I return but the device is no longer registered in my account. I’ll consider the police thing but they would be forever busy with more pressing urgent community matters. I have a police friend so will mention to him.

Thanks again. Looks like I’ll just be buying another. 😎

Merry Christmas

DTMS