MY SONOS ROAM IS BLARING WHITE NOISE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• 6 January 2022
  • 10 replies

It wont turn off! It wont stop playing the loudest noise ever out of it. I’m going to throw it in the pool and get a refund this is insane. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS???

10 replies

I’d first submit a diagnostic, so Sonos can help you figure out what’s going on, then I’d unplug it from power. 

I have the same problem, what to do ? It can’t be unplugged as it has its own power, of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Keep the power button pressed for up to 10 secs.  That will force the unit off.

Same. This keeps happening to me all the time. Power down works but eventually it comes back. 

Same. This keeps happening to me all the time. Power down works but eventually it comes back. 

If this keeps happening, maybe grab a mobile video recording (that might be helpful to your case) - then contact/chat to Sonos Support with a system diagnostic and see what they say. 

This happens frequently on my Roam speaker. A piercing, loud, siren-like wail that is so loud it actually hurts my eardrums. I called technical support and they have been no help. They say to run a diagnostic report when it occurs, but the sound is so loud (neighbors can hear it) that all I can do is hold down the power button for 10 seconds to kill the speaker. Any ideas?! I’m at wit’s end. 

Without that data, I’ve not got a clue what might be causing that issue. Might be worth trying a factory reset toforce it to reload the OS, and see if it continues, but if it does, it’s likely the diagnostic will be the only way to tell. 

This happens frequently on my Roam speaker. A piercing, loud, siren-like wail that is so loud it actually hurts my eardrums. I called technical support and they have been no help. They say to run a diagnostic report when it occurs, but the sound is so loud (neighbors can hear it) that all I can do is hold down the power button for 10 seconds to kill the speaker. Any ideas?! I’m at wit’s end. 

I’ve not heard that noise mentioned here in the community before either, but as Bruce says if a reset doesn’t sort it, then maybe video it …and try to get a diagnostic report and then contact Sonos Support as mentioned in my earlier post above.

This noise actually happened to me during surgery I had to scrub out and put it outside. I threw it on the ground and still wouldn’t turn off. It finally turned off after like a minute. The surgeon was not too happy about it. Needless to say I returned this to Costco since I can not under no circumstances have this happen in my OR again during surgery.

This happened to me at 3am this morning and was probably one of the scariest/loudest noises I have ever heard. Had to hold the button for 10 seconds to stop the madness, but am now worried this will randomly occur again. Makes me want to throw the speaker out if that means not having to wake up to that again.