Answered

Move 2. Low bass at high volume

• 25 March 2024
  • 8 replies

I’m having an issue with low bass above 50% volume. Sounds great until the 50% mark, then the bass progressively gets lower as the volume goes up to 100%. By full volume there is basically no bass.

Is this just a trait with this speaker or do I have an issue?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 March 2024, 11:18

View original

8 replies

Any help is much appreciated.

Userlevel 7

Hi

I have not experienced any such drop in low-end as you describe. Open the app for the room and make sure you have activated Trueplay which allows the Move2 to tune its EQ on a continuous basis. Know that in large indoor spaces and outdoor environments Trueplay may not be as effective as the reflections are diminished.

You can also try turning on Loudness in the EQ as well which boosts the low-end. However, Loudness is typically to boost low-end at low volumes...but it may have a pleasing effect for you at higher volumes.

Thanks for your input. Factory settings are trueplay on and loudness on. I tried turning each of them off with minimal difference in sound.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Sorry to hear that the Move2 is not providing the acoustical sound you would like. I did fail to mention that I’m using two Move2’s in stereo pair. The sound is amazing. BTW...The Move2 is on sale at Sonos direct if you don’t already own a pair.

I’m sure they sound amazing as a stereo pair!

I purchased my Move 2 for my destination wedding coming up in May. The Venue offered to supply a speaker for our reception at a price of $500/3hrs. I figured I would purchase and transport my own speaker at that price. 

I have learned to love Sonos products over the years, but I have never used their portable speakers so I thought this would be a good time to purchase a Move 2. I liked all the great reviews and the small size appealed to me for traveling out of the country. The high volume sound just leaves more to be desired. I have yet to try this speaker outdoors, but I would imagine the sound wouldn’t improve outside in a wide open area.

This forum is littered with recommendations not to use Sonos for events, such as weddings, interspersed with people who tried, and it didn’t work out. 

If it was me, I’d bite the bullet and pay the venue for the rental. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

At least ask about last-minute emergency speaker rental rates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flatspin 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy with the sound of your Move 2 at higher volumes! We want you to be happy with your Sonos purchase, so I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.