Answered

How do I make sure my speakers are connected to the main node of a mesh WiFi system?

• 8 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I keep getting the error message that one or more of my speakers is connected to a mesh WiFi and should be connected to the main node. My whole mesh WiFi system has the same name and password.  Even my extenders have the same name and password. How do I make sure my Roam and Move speakers are connected to the “main node” of the mesh system? 

Should I disconnect the extender and other mesh devices and reconnect my speakers to the WiFi, then plug everything back in? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 10 May 2021, 12:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Machado, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Aside from changing the Wireless SSID on each device broadcasting the network, there’s no real way to force a Sonos speaker on to a particular connection - in general they will connect to the best available wireless signal. Your idea of powering off each of the secondary mesh nodes, and extenders may work to nudge them on to the main mesh node, however there’s no guarantee that they will remain connected to that node.

I’d also be interested to see if you get the same error message if you leave the mesh system powered on, but disconnect the extenders - it may be these rather than the mesh system itself causing issues.

Let us know how you get on :)