Answered

Cant connect to new Wifi My Sonos Move

• 12 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I changed my WIFI setting, and now I m not able to register Sonos Move in Wifi.

While using the Sonos APP, I pass the stage of Audio-Pin, then  Sonos Move’s  Led, goes blinking White and Green, and is asked to press the infinite Button.

But that press is never recognized by the App, and the led keeps blinking white and green.

Is my infinite button not working?

what can I do?

br

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 March 2024, 11:47

View original

4 replies

Is this your one and only Sonos product and could its light be flashing green, rather than white and green? If it is flashing green and it’s your only product, then it sounds like you may have factory reset the device. If you have no other Sonos products you have to go onto create a new Sonos Household to add your Move to it.

If you’re sure you may have reset the Move (accidentally or otherwise) and it’s your only device you will need to reset the Sonos App too and then work through the App to create a new Sonos System/Household. Only do this though if you have no other Sonos products.

Also note, that ideally, your new WiFi needs to be 802.11b/g/n backward compatible for product setup and I suggest using security mode WPA2 AES. You must also use a mobile controller device that meets the system requirements shown in this link…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Hope that assists.

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your support

I haven’t done any Sonos Move Reset (if I want, how to do?)

Now, I reached a point where the Wireless Password of my Local Network is requested. But I got a fail in connecting.

I m using a TP-Link M7200 . It worked fine in the past.

NOTICE: What I have changed was the from past to now, was the Wireless Password, now I m using a Wireless Password of 9 digits, while in past it as a PIN of 8. That is the difference and it is not working.

There is any issue regarding using  Wireless Password of 9 digits?

br

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your support

I haven’t done any Sonos Move Reset (if I want, how to do?)

Now, I reached a point where the Wireless Password of my Local Network is requested. But I got a fail in connecting.

I m using a TP-Link M7200 . It worked fine in the past.

NOTICE: What I have changed was the from past to now, was the Wireless Password, now I m using a Wireless Password of 9 digits, while in past it as a PIN of 8. That is the difference and it is not working.

There is any issue regarding using  Wireless Password of 9 digits?

br

No there’s no issue with 9 digits - my own WiFi password (and past passwords) far exceed that number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ant99 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Move. If you are still struggling with this issue, it may help to reboot both your router (turn off for at least 30 seconds) and to restart your phone/tablet.

If those steps do not resolve things, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.