Answered

Can't initiate 'play' from Sonos Move

• 25 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Until recently it was possible to start and pause play from the button on top of my Move when connected to my iPhone over AirPlay. Now I can pause if the speaker is playing, but if I press ‘play’ again the indicator light flashes white but audio doesn’t play. I am on the most recent software for my iPhone and the Move, I can’t tell if this is an AirPlay bug or a Sonos bug (also it is impossible to search this topic because Sonos has a product called Play, and ‘play audio’ is what I’m enquiring about, and the button on top of the speaker is the play button...).

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 November 2023, 14:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This is working for me if I pause the ‘airplaying’ music and wait 10 seconds and press play again, it starts re-playing straight away, but perhaps there’s a time-out period. How long are you waiting between pausing the music and starting it again?

Just tested it - it’s immediate, I can ‘pause’, then ‘play’ immediately, and it doesn’t play, or I can wait a while and ‘play’ and it doesn’t play (Control Centre shows that the iPhone is still AirPlaying to the speaker in all scenarios)

Sounds like the speaker is somehow intermittently losing connection to your sending device. - it’s definitely working okay here for me. I’ve tested it multiple times a few minutes ago.

My initial thoughts are to maybe try a reboot of your router, speaker and mobile/sending device and see if that fixes things, also check for any updates too for both your speaker and the mobile device. I’m using an iPad on iOS 17.1.1.

Thanks, fully up to date on all software (including this week’s iOS 17.1.2), reboots done, problem persists, no change ☹️

FWIW, I’ve updated my iOS devices to 17.1.2 this past week too and everything is still working fine with AirPlay here. Not seeing any issues. It maybe best to reproduce the issue, submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.