Skip to main content

At my wit’s end with Sonos

• 12 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I have been a loyal customer of Sonos for years, mainly because I think the sound quality is great, and I love the idea of a whole home system. I am at my wits end though with the awful software that is constantly glitching and cutting out in whichever room I’m in.  I contacted support a while back and they suggested a mesh network might fix the problems.  It didn’t.  I was optimistic about the big new app update, but alas, the problems prevail.

Aside from the home system, I have also owned a Sonos Roam, which has just about driven me mad.  I bought this to come in clutch when traveling or outdoors, but it never ever works when I need it. It is the guaranteed buz kill, because I will foolishly go to use it to keep a vibe going, and it literally will not turn on.  Or it will flash its red light that the battery is dead, even though it sat on a charger after the last use.  I then spend countless time trying to get it to “re-charge”, then connect to my Bluetooth, which is a maddening process of trial and error.  I spend more time troubleshooting this stupid speaker than actually enjoying it, and it has literally ruined my night more times than I’d like the admit  

Why are these issues seemingly so impossible for Sonos to fix?  I cannot believe there haven’t been lawsuits filed over this nonsense.  They’re selling products that do not work as proposed.  It’s honestly infuriating because I’ve invested so much money on this system that to switch would be even more costly.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m trying to find a place I can part exchange them for the Bose systems now. I used to like Sonos, but there’s been a change since the time they decided to force feed us s2.

The quality of QA or even ownership of issues is just completely lacking. 

The whole turn it off/turn it on or the usual factory reset to fix simple issues is frustrating and now they effectively brick a whole system, its mind blowing. 

still haven’t got my setup to work now. The playerbar is working because it’s wired directly to tv but the rest of my speakers… might as well bin them. 

first chance I get at switching to Bose - I’m gone. Checking eBay, even the prices for second hand Sonos kit is poor. Doubt I’ll get much for this system now but at least if I go with Bose, I know I won’t get someone dropping a turd in my breakfast in the morning. 

@Dawntreader1,

Just to say, the Sonos App really has little bearing on the communication between the audio source and your speakers, or between the speakers themselves. In fact it’s just a ‘remote’ controller. It’s not a player. As an example you could group two speakers and start playing audio to them and actually close the App and even power off the mobile device and the audio source will continue to play on Sonos. Nothing has changed with the speaker software and the problems you describe sound more like network hardware issues rather than being related to the new Sonos App.

You might therefore want to first reproduce the issue, then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support via this LINK to discuss the matter in detail and see what the Staff can perhaps then suggest to resolve the matter.

I hope that assists you to resolve the issues you’re seeing, meanwhile you may also find this link helpful…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reduce-wireless-interference

I’m trying to find a place I can part exchange them for the Bose systems now. I used to like Sonos, but there’s been a change since the time they decided to force feed us s2.

The quality of QA or even ownership of issues is just completely lacking. 

The whole turn it off/turn it on or the usual factory reset to fix simple issues is frustrating and now they effectively brick a whole system, its mind blowing. 

still haven’t got my setup to work now. The playerbar is working because it’s wired directly to tv but the rest of my speakers… might as well bin them. 

first chance I get at switching to Bose - I’m gone. Checking eBay, even the prices for second hand Sonos kit is poor. Doubt I’ll get much for this system now but at least if I go with Bose, I know I won’t get someone dropping a turd in my breakfast in the morning. 

Perhaps try your setup without SonosNet and see if that might resolves the issues you’re seeing. Here is a link to maybe assist with trying that…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup

If no joy, then best of luck with your switch to Bose, but just to say that’s never going to be a solution (for me, at least).